Tuesday, November 7, 2023

ORATI

I sit in the waiting room, feeling nervous and alone
I try to calm my racing heart, but it's hard to control
I rehearse the answers in my mind, hoping to impress
But I know they have many candidates, and I'm just one of the rest

I wonder if they'll like me, if they'll see my potential
Or if they'll judge me harshly, and find me inconsequential
I wish I had more confidence, more skills, more experience
But I can only offer what I have, and hope they see some excellence

I hear my name being called, and I stand up with a smile
I walk towards the interview room, trying to look calm and agile
I greet the panel with a handshake, and sit down in the chair
I brace myself for the questions, and hope they'll be fair

I try to answer honestly, and show them who I am
But I feel like I'm not good enough, and I'm failing the exam
I see them nodding politely, but I can't read their expressions
I wonder if they're interested, or if they have any questions

I thank them for their time, and walk out of the door
I feel a mix of relief and dread, and I don't know what to hope for
I wait for the results, and pray for a positive outcome
But I know the chances are slim, and I might have to succumb

No comments:

Post a Comment