Monday, January 1, 2024

Vow

I don't always show it, and I don't say it nearly as much as I should
But I have never known a love like this, a love so pure and good
The way you love me is the only way I want to be loved from now until the day after forever
You're the only one who makes me feel alive, who makes me feel like I matter

You will always be the one my heart searches for in a room, in a world full of everyone else
You're the only one who knows me inside out, who understands me like no one else
You're the only one who makes me laugh, who makes me cry, who makes me feel
You're the only one who sees the real me, who accepts me, who loves me still

I am not so sure that I can do this somedays, but it is you that reminds me that I am strong
When I cannot remember for myself, you're the one who lifts me up, who helps me along
You're the one who supports me, who encourages me, who believes in me
You're the one who inspires me, who challenges me, who brings out the best in me

It is you that I want in all of my tomorrows, you're the one I want to share my life with
You're the one I want to wake up next to, you're the one I want to fall asleep with
You're the one I want to travel with, you're the one I want to grow old with
You're the one I want to celebrate with, you're the one I want to console with

I'll stay. That's what I promise you, I'll stay when it gets hard, I'll stay when everyone else around you leaves
I'll stay today and every day after, I'll stay through the good and the bad, I'll stay through the joys and the griefs
I'll stay loyal, I'll stay faithful, I'll stay honest, I'll stay true
I'll stay with you, I'll stay for you, I'll stay because of you

Your love is the most consistent, predictable, unwavering, non-chaotic, trustworthy love I have ever known
Your love is the most comforting, soothing, healing, fulfilling, satisfying love I have ever shown
Your love is the most beautiful, wonderful, amazing, incredible, miraculous love I have ever seen
Your love is the most precious, priceless, valuable, incomparable, irreplaceable love I have ever been

2 comments: