Sunday, January 28, 2024

I Miss Her

To ask me if I miss her would be like asking the stars
If they miss the night, asking the sun if it missed its warmth
Or asking the ocean if it missed the rivers that give it life

I've seen the most beautiful flowers, but they all smell the same
I got to see the most beautiful places in the world, but the wind winded same everywhere
Only in your presence the wind whispered a fragrance to the flower
A scent untold in other places

I would recognize you in total darkness, were you mute and I deaf
I would recognize you in another lifetime entirely in different bodies, different times
And I would love you in all of this, until the very last star in the sky burnt out into oblivion

They asked "Do you love her to death?" I answered
"Speak of her over my grave and watch how she brings me back to life"
But they don't understand that she is more than life to me
She is the reason why I breathe, the reason why I dream
She is the melody in my heart, the harmony in my soul
She is the light in my eyes, the warmth in my touch
She is the poetry in my words, the beauty in my art
She is everything I ever wanted, everything I ever needed
She is my love, my life, my eternity

1 comment: